Mucheom-dang

SearchKorean 

Traditional Houses 

 

About the house     Mucheom-dang is the Jong-ga of Yeogang Lee family at Yangdong village. Mucheom-dang consists of a main building, a separate building (byeol-dang named Mucheon-dang), and an ancestral shrine (sadang). The main building and other two buildings view different mountain peaks, so they form a dynamic organization. The main building has a quadrangular shape in which front two edges are open. The main building was built in 1508, and the separate building was built in around 1540 by a famous Confucian scholar Lee Eonjeok.