Bangcho-jeong 

Search l Korean 

Jeongja 

 

About the house  Bangcho-jeong, one of the typical Jongjas, is located at Sangwon-ri, Gusong-myon, Gimchon city, Gyoungsangbuk-do province. It is a symbol of a traditional settlement, Wontuh. It was originally built in the end of 16th century by Yi Jeongbok, and rebuilt in 1727 after the destruction by a flood in 1723. The floor of the building, the wooden floor surrounding a square Ondol room, is raised 150cm from ground to command a fine view to surrounding landscape. The building pairs with a pond with two round islands.

a road which draws villagers to Jongja at the front of the settlement